Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Boys??!!

I just have to throw this one out there for the ladies...

I'm sure your house is like ours. Everyone has their strengths. Everyone helps out in different ways... I clean the house. Gary, not so much... BUT he feeds the dogs, takes the garbage out to the curb, mows the lawn...you get the picture. (It's not a complaint that I clean the house - it's just that I'm the only one that does that job for the most part...)

Well... Gary's been home for the last few weeks after getting laid off (he starts his new job Monday - yay!). Since he's been home, he's been helping out some around the house. Picking up, laundry, dishes - that kind of thing. A few days ago he said to me:

"I did 2 loads of dishes yesterday, one this morning and there are STILL a few dishes on the counter!". I think there was a bowl and a cup or something - usually he'd never see those, he'd just wait for me to walk by and put them in the dishwasher (again, NOT a complaint - just an observation).

My reply was: "Welcome to my world!!"

His response?

wait for it...

"What do you mean YOUR world?! I did 2 loads of dishes yesterday and I did another load this morning!!"

Right.... and for the last 7 years BEFORE his lay off, the dish fairies came and did the dishes, and I'm SURE they only did 1 load a week, or so??...

5 comments:

Scoot said...

"Wait for it... WELCOME TO MY WORLD"

Hahahahaha... I love how people only see what they want to see. It was like today, my sister told me that I don't have a job and that all I do is sit around the house or on the internet. She doesn't know that I'm studying, just that I'm on my computer. It chaps my hide, but it also makes me laugh at people's perceptions. Good for you! Wear the pants... :D

Anonymous said...

I would KILL for some dish and laundry fairies. Doesn't look like any are heading my way anytime soon.

ATH79 said...

If Dan said that to me and it just happened to be a bad day I probably would physically harm him. I can't believe he said that. Ha ha!

The Cardin's said...

Isn't it funny that we work and do housework ... yet, are we appreciated for it? We have dish and laundry fairies...also bathroom cleaner fairies (and if you buy that -- I've got some beautiful lake front property out west of here...doesn't smell at all). :-)

lizzo said...

Um...yeah...I love that.