Porter's attitude seems to be growing even faster than he is! (And he is growing FAST!). Last night, he asked if he could watch a movie downstairs but it was almost bedtime. We usually have a movie, story or he plays his video game with Gary for a bit upstairs in our room to help get him ready for bed. I told him he could watch one show downstairs if he would go straight to his bed and go to sleep after. After asking him a few times if we had a deal (little boy's attention spans aren't so long) he finally agreed and I put his show on.
He watched Micky Mouse Clubhouse and I turned the TV off and began to follow him upstairs. He went to far and went to go downstairs. I asked where he was going and he said "Wendy's room". I said "No, we had a deal you would sleep in your bed after your show". He argued with me further and I threatened: "You won't be able to watch a show tomorrow before bed if you don't go get in YOUR bed right now!". His answer:
wait for it...
"Wendy will let me watch a movie, nah, nah, nah, nah, nah". (You know, like the kids do on TV, but I've NEVER seen one actually do it in person?! Well, never BEFORE Porter started doing it a couple of months ago).
I think I must've asked the next question out of shock, because I did hear every nah...
"What did you just say?!"
He repeated it, word for word?! My next step was unclear. Running through my head was a few options. 1. I'm gonna beat that kid!!, 2. Should I get the cam-corder (ok, so, since I was honest that I considered this option, you've already learned that I didn't REALLY consider #1.)?, or 3. I'd better just walk away.
I opted for #3 and went into the other room where Gary was. I asked him if he just heard what Porter said to me. He said "No", with that funny little smirk on his face that he doesn't get unless he's up to something. I went on about something about Porter being HIS kid and he still stuck with his answer "Nope, I didn't hear anything. I didn't hear him talking to you". (Still with the smirk so I knew he was lying)! SABOTAGE!!!
Total for today:
1 for "my husband is sabotaging my quest for sanity"
Grand total:
2 for "my husband is sabotaging my quest for sanity"
1 for "I AM loosing my mind".
Don't forget to vote!!
September 2017
8 years ago
2 comments:
He does have you totally figured out-you just walked away and Imagonna bet he went to Wendy's room for the movie!
I just voted on you always being nuts. Nothing to do with Porter
It really absolutely does not run in your family!! unless you count Mom and Wendy and of course Aunt Sharon?
That is Funny, Wen told me that story! LOL
Post a Comment